Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Location
Japan is a country in the Pacific ocean made up of 6852 islands. The four largest islands are called: Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu and Shikoku. Japan is located to the east of Russia, China and Korea.

Population Size 127.1 million people

Main Cities
Tokyo (Capital), Kyoto, Hiroshima, Sendai, Osaka

Climate
The climate in Japan is mostly temperate, however, it does vary from north to south with colder temperatures (including snow) found in the north.



Public Holidays
There are 16 national holidays in Japan. The National Foundation (birthday) Day is celebrated on 11 February.


Languages
There is one official language in Japan - Japanese.

Ethnic Mix Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Filipino, Brazilian, Vietnamese, Other

Money (Currency) Yen [JPY]


National Sports

Sumo wrestling, baseball, football (soccer), judo, karate, kendo


National Icons
1. The cherry blossom tree, 2. The koi fish, 3. The red-crowned crane (bird), 4. The lychee fruit










No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.