Pages

Tuesday 13 April 2021

Te Ao Whanui

 Bonjour, today in huru 3 I have been working on my inventions learning story and my maths learning story. A learning story is a doc that we do at the end of the term for every subject. On that doc we tell the reader about what we did next steps favourite part what we learned and how we showed are CARR values. I really enjoyed doing inventions and Maths. Next time we do these subjects I would like to learn about how these people created these inventions and what they used to created the inventions an for maths I would like to learn a lot about geometry more.



My Learning Story

Hurumanu: 3 MATHS

Module:  shaping up

Name: shanaya

Teacher: Whaea Rawyan

Term: 1

 

Reflection:

Give at least three examples in each of the boxes below.

What We Did: 

  •  We did fining the location using compass points.

  •  In maths we did multi digit multiplication. 

  • We did solving multiplication and division problems using decimals.

What I Learned: 

  •  I learned how to do rotational symmetry better. 

  •  I learned how to solve multiplication and division problems using decimals.

  • I learned how to find the location using the compass points.

My Favourite Parts:

  •  My favourite part was when we got to find the location using compass points.

  •  

  • My second favourite part was working with stella and figuring things out together.

My Next Steps:

  •  My next step is to push my self to understand things better and work more harder on maths.

  •  My other next step is to learn how to solve the division parts with decimals.



CARR Values: 

Make a statement below describing how you showed each of our CARR values during this Hurumanu.

Commitment

I showed commitment by being at class at the right time.

Achievement

I showed achievement by finishing my work and working hard on my maths.

Resilience

I showed Resilience by not giving up when the work was a little hard and I didnt understand.

Respect

I showed respect by not talking when the teacher was talking and respecting others stuff when I needed to use some of their stationary.

Feedback for my Teachers:


My Learning Story

Hurumanu: 3 INVENTIONS

Module:  changing our world

Name: Shanaya

Teacher: Whaea Raewyn

Term: 1

 

Reflection:

Give at least three examples in each of the boxes below.

What We Did: 

  • I read a text about Superbike which is a bike that was made by John Britten in his garage and did a timeline about cars with some questions about the story.

  •  We read about a famous  ballet dancer that pavlova got named after and watched some of her dances.

  • We also did research about a famous inventor that has created something that has changed our world hugely.

What I Learned: 

  •  I learned alot about Anna Pavlova, the russian dancer who died and pavlova got named after.

  •  I learned about the super bike and what the inventor's childhood was like and how much he like to make things like cars and bikes.

  • I last learned about Alexander Graham Bell, an inventor that I did research on about what he created and what his childhood was like.

My Favourite Parts:

  •  My favourite part was when we got to read about Anna pavlova.

  •  My other favourite part was doing the research about Alexander Graham Bell.


My Next Steps:

  •  My next step is to do  more writing tasks like the story we did about the train track + cheetah.

  •  My other next step is to more chemistry type of stuff like where was it  first found and who found it.



CARR Values: 

Make a statement below describing how you showed each of our CARR values during this Hurumanu.

                      Commitment


I showed commitment by doing my work that was set for me at my best.

Achievement

I  showed achievement by achieving all my work without fail.

Resilience

I showed resilience by not giving up on my work when I had no understanding of what I was working on.

Respect

I showed respect by listening to the teacher and not talking when I'm not supposed to.

Feedback for my Teachers:


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.