Pages

Monday 25 May 2020

sadako and the thousand paper cranes

today we watched a video clip of Sadako and the thousand paper cranes. we have some questions for the clip and for the story.


This little girls name is sadako
 I think sadako is in heaven because she is dead and she is nice to she must be in heaven.
 I thinks she got there cause she died.
I think sadako feels sad cause she left her family and died.
I think the paper crane represents the good will and fortune in the Japanese culture.
The paper crane is a nice piece of origami art and the most popular origami in Japanese culture.

She died in October 25 1995 and was 12.
She folded 1300 paper cranes.
She knew if you folded 1000 paper cranes then your wish will come true.
She died of a cancer caused by the atomic bomb.

sadako showed commitment respect resilience.

I chose the peace sign as my symbol.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Shanaya

    Thank you for your great work on this task today. You were focused and completed the work in the given time frame, that is showing Commitment! Tomorrow you may try to fold your own paper cranes.

    Why do you think I wanted to share the story of Sadako with our class?
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.