Pages

Thursday 27 May 2021

 Hello in class today we looked at a supernova. we had questions to answer about the supernova which had known a little about. I have done research on a supernova before and I thought this was fun an easy. I worked with Stella to do this an we worked on a doc to get the information. 


What is a supernova? A supernova is the explosion of a star. It is the largest explosion that takes place in space. A supernova is a star with a powerful and luminous stellar explosion. One type of supernova is caused by the last hurrah of a dying massive star. This happens when a star at least five times of the mass of our sun goes out with a fantastic bang!


What elements does a supernova consist of?  HE-  Helium  C- carbon  - H hydrogen                O- oxygen 

AU - gold - Fe - iron Si - silicon  


What happens to all elements/ materials in a supernova? After Years and decades the sun starts to burn the core of the supernova until it explodes. The He and H will make the boom and the iron and Au 


Supernova / star releases a very large amount of energy as well as neutrons, which allows elements heavier than iron such as Au/ gold and U/uranium to be produced. 


Why is there a supernova? No reason



How long does a supernova take to generate?

A few million years for the star to die, less than a quarter of a second for its core to collapse,a few months to brighten, and then just years to fade away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.