Pages

Tuesday 19 October 2021

science hokey pokey

 hello today in science we are making hokey pokey. we are doing this in pairs


ingredients ....

baking soda

 2 table spoons of golden syrup

4 table spoons of sugar sugar.

1 heaped teaspoon of baking soda

pot

table spoon and teaspoons

Bunsen burner  paper cups 

baking paper


method 

1 put 4 table spoons of sugar and 2 table spoons of golden syrup  in a saucepan and melt.

2 bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes

3 add baking soda and stir vigorously.

4 put the hokey pokey on a piece of grease prove paper to cook.


1 why do we stir

we stir it because wont burn and so it melts faster.

explain why the hokey pokey rises and has bubbles

because we put baking soda in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.