Pages

Thursday 12 March 2020

te tiriti o waitangi

This week in who are we I have been doing a work sheet called te Tiriti o waitangi and there is some questions.


q 1 a. The main population in the late 1830's is 100,000 - 70,000
q 2 a. The main 2 reasons for the drop of the Moari population was disease and fights/wars.
q 3 a. The name of the main settlement in Aotearoa New Zealand at this time was kororareka  - bay of islands.
q 4 a. The rangatira and missionaries unhappy with the british takeing over, drugs,partying, prostitution and unfair trades.
q 7 a. The british saw france as a threat because they wanted to take land.

q 8 a, Edward Wakefield wanted to buy chep land and sell it for more money.

q 9 a. They send Hobson to New Zealand to stop wars and fights.

q 10 a. There were 500 rangatire from around the country that signed the treaty.

q 11 a. The problem with the treaty way how it was written was the diffrents between engalish writting than the moari way to wright and spelling.


 q 16 a. Hone Heke showed his frustration by cuting down the flag.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shanaya

    Thanks for sharing the work you have been doing in Who Are We? hurumanu. Are you enjoying learning about this topic? What is something that has surprised you while learning about Aotearoa NZ history?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes I've been doing who are we! I am enjoying this topic and I was surprised when it said that Hone Heke cut down the flag cause of his frustration.

      Delete
  2. Well done on this blog post sharing your knowledge about Te Tiriti o Waitangi. I am impressed with your sentences because they are factual and make sense. There are just a few errors, one of these being q1a should say the Maori population, not the main population. Keep working hard at your spelling and punctuation so that you can present your awesome ideas well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will remember to fix my error when I do something like this again. thanks for the comment.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.