Pages

Monday 9 November 2020

Playing To Win week 5

Hi guys today in reading we have read chapter 8 - 9, for our task we have to do are weekly Friday  discussion / basically questions about the book. We had to do these because we have no school on Friday.

1. Denny has a lot of responsibilities in his life, he helps his mum with fiances, has a job he takes care of his sisters and is part of a team. do you think these are reasonable responsibilities for a sixteen year old why or why not?   Denny does have a lot of responsibilities but I think that they are reasonable responsibilities for a sixteen years old. I think that its good to be active and do a lot of work. I also think that he should be doing these things so he's ready for when he moves out.

2. What responsibilities do you have in your life? How do you manage them and make sure you are completing everything you are trusted to do? In my life I have to do dishes and washing I'm also responsible for if anything is lost or to remember things that my family wont. ( For when I say anything lost I'm always who they blame and I have to find everything  that is lost).

3.  Denny feels pressured to drink at the party, but he still says no. why do you think the boys are pressuring him? Why do you think it is important to stand up for your beliefs? what values do you think he was showing by saying no to underage drinking? I think the boys are pressuring him cause he is saying no and wont do it. I think its important to stand up to your beliefs because its your body and your  decision for what you do. I  also think that listening to your beliefs is a great way of showing commitment. ( I think) I think he showed commitment, resilience, respect, and being responsible person he also showed integrity.( I think) 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Shanaya,
    I really like the work that you did. The answer you gave for the questions were easy to read. That one responsibility that you have where if something is lost you get blamed for it is unfair. Something you could change is that you could maybe separate the questions and the answer either than that I really enjoyed your work! :>

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.