Pages

Tuesday 24 November 2020

eotc Margaret mahy

hi guys today we have have been working on our EOTC tasks for our trips to some places. I got to chose a task I wanted to do so I did a biography on Margaret Mahy.

~ Margaret Mahy ~Margaret Mahy dies aged 76 | Stuff.co.nz

Nz author.

Makes Adult and children books.

________________________________


Made more than 100 picture books, 40 novels,and a collection of short stories.

Died : 1936 - 2012

Birth date : 21 . 3 . 19 

Date of death :  23 . 7 . 20

Born in : Whakatane

                                       Cause of death : cancer

                                                 

description :

Margaret Mahy was an NZ children and young adult author born in Whakatane she made over  100 picture books, 40 novels and a collection of short stories.  

Margaret mahy died from cancer at the age of 76. She was diagnosed in april. Margaret mahy was a Liberian for over 10 years. Margaret mahy wrote her first book at the age of seven.


Margaret mahy was the eldest out of five children and her father was a bridge builder. The father read stories to all the children and influenced Margaret mahy to be a story writer. Margaret mahy’s mother was a teacher and she had a lot of relatives in the town with her. Mahy was a great swimmer at high school and she also worked as and nurse aide for six years.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.