Pages

Thursday 29 October 2020

Abstract art

 Hi for the past two weeks we have been doing abstract art. The task was to get a A3 piece of paper and fold it into 3 half's and do art about three words. The three words were fear, love/compassion and growth. We had to three elements in to the art. There are six elements altogether. The six elements are line, shapes, form, texture, tones and colours. When we did the three words you had to use your Geometric shapes and your Organic shapes. Geometric shapes our ones you can see and know what they are for an example triangles rectangles squares circle etc. Organic shapes are the one's you don't know what they are you cant tell what they are. Organic shapes are basically the opposite to Geometric they are like scribbling and you have different shapes that you don't know what they are. When we did the  three words on the A3 paper we had to use three of the elements and your art could be real random but you have to have some sort of connection to your art for the words eg for love and compassion you could do totally random but you have to understand what its showing and it must have some sort of connection to in it has to have something with love in it. When we did the art with the blending of the colours we  had to to do words for an example hot ,cold dark ,light  love hate. when I did it i chose to do hot cold and so I blended red into orange dark blue to light blue and it turned out really good. my favourite task for this subject that we have done would have to be the three words. I liked the three words because it was fun to do random shapes and random things to make my art I would love to do the hot and cold but with paint it would be more fun and more exciting to try and experiment the colours and what  happens  and what will be the final look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.